Thursday, May 8, 2014

18 Months

Matthew had his 18 month checkup yesterday. He weighs 26 pounds, 3 ounces, and he is 34.25" tall.  His weight is in the 80th percentile, and his height is in the 97th percentile.  He's nice and healthy!  The doctor also assured me that it is perfectly normal for him to moonwalk.  I mean, he's not as smooth as Michael Jackson, but it's still pretty impressive.  I didn't know toddlers were capable of such an activity.

While waiting for the doctor to come in the room, I glanced at the assortment of books and magazines scattered along the wide windowsill.  There are several books that are made by area students.  One in particular really caught my eye:


My sister's name is Julie, and my family calls me Kate, so I of course thought this was awesome.  My sister still lives back home in the U.P., and I miss her so much.


After Matthew's appointment, we grabbed some lunch and headed to my work for a visit.  He hasn't been to the office since he's been walking, so he was due for an appearance.  He was a little shy and was also tired, as it was past his nap time, but he seemed to enjoy it.  I had a few little stuffed animals on my desk that he liked to play with.  I tried to give him one of my Aaron Rodgers action figures to play with, but he wanted nothing to do with it.  I hope that isn't a sign that he is going to eventually  rebel against our cheesehead ways.

No comments:

Post a Comment