Thursday, May 1, 2014

Your Hometown Idol

Last night was the first preliminary round of the local Your Hometown Idol competition.  I was asked to be a judge.  Kids performed last night, and the finalists will complete at a local festival in July.  It is so fun to be a part of this, and I loved watching the kids sing.  I detected a little bit of nerves in all of them, but any kid who will participate in something like this obviously has a confidence within them.  I was very moved by each performance and felt so much pride for these kids, even though I didn't know them.  I wanted to give them each a huge hug after their performances, but that would have been slightly (majorly?) creepy.

There will be two more preliminaries this month: one for teens and one for adults.  I look forward to them!

No comments:

Post a Comment